Arizona Women in Healthcare was founded to provide women in healthcare the networking opportunities and professional development tools and education that, when combined with personal ambition and commitment to personal growth and development, will lead to greater career success and satisfaction.
Our goal is to inspire and motivate individuals to make a meaningful difference by discovering and maximizing their strengths, building new competencies, strengthening their network, and building the confidence needed to continuously strive for greater success.
Our goal is to create an environment that fosters strong business relationships through a network of resources that are aligned around similar goals and objectives for achieving success in the ever changing healthcare market.
Student membership is available to female students interested in careers in healthcare. AZWIHC believes that giving young women just starting their careers opportunities to meet experienced top-level professionals is just as important as the opportunity for those top-level professionals to inspire the future of the industry.
Healthcare offers numerous opportunities for women to work in areas of
- Direct Care Providers
- Business Operations
- Finance and Accounting
- Revenue Cycle Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Information Technology
- Quality and System Engineering
- Sales and Marketing
- Public Relations
- and Research.
Membership will offer students and other members the opportunity to promote the industry and work collaboratively to keep a strong workforce for the future.
PROMOTE RECOGNIZE INSPIRE DEVELOP EMPOWER
Workshops and small events will be offered featuring topics targeted to specific interests.
- Emerging Leaders Workshop
- Emerging Leaders Workshop will focus on helping younger and mid-level leaders to reach their full leadership potential. The event will feature participatory, hands-on sessions. Anticipated topics include career advancement strategies, negotiation skills, conflict management and work-life balance.
- Leadership Development Event
- The Leadership Development Event provides a venue for partner and sponsor organizations to share information on their in-house leadership programs and women’s leadership initiatives, enabling them to strengthen their own programs. It consists of a survey completed by each organization, followed by a half-day executive roundtable discussion to discuss strategies and successes.
- Management Preparation Series
- The Management Preparation Series is designed to prepare members that are interested in moving into supervisor and management positions. The series is offered face to face and through webinars. The series focuses on the skills needed to transition into healthcare management.
Networking events are very important to AZWIHC and our members as they allow members to nurture their professional networks and define and expand their career goals. Networking events will be held throughout the year and across Arizona to Promote, Recognize, Inspire, Develop and Empower our members.
AZWIHC Connect is our way of bringing women together for networking opportunities to discuss shared topics of interest and to build relationships. We offer both structured educational forums and informal networking events to get you on your way! The power of networking cannot be underestimated. It is critical for building and nurturing your professional network. By exchanging ideas and experiences, women can learn to successfully navigate career transitions, leadership roles, and unexpected challenges that are inherently part of the healthcare environment. Women at all stages of their careers can reach a higher level by helping one another advance and learn. AZWIHC members can choose to engage with one another in several different ways:
- by attending AZWIHC Connect Events
- by attending our Annual Summit
- by following AZWIHC on LinkedIn, Arizona Women in Healthcare
- by visiting or commenting on our Blog
- or by utilizing AZWIHC Member Directory, available to AZWIHC members via our web site.
Lean in Circles
Online Member Directory
Info Coming Soon